27915Re: Choosing a new Mill Drill

  • worktoil
    Feb 3, 2011
      I can only echo some of the feedback you have already received.

      An R8 spindle (at least in the states) is much easier to get a variety of economical tooling for. An important consideration since depending on your style, you can spend more on the tooling than the mill.

      Which one to buy depends on what you are going to do, but if you are like me, you'll be happy with some aspects of whatever you buy and unhappy with other aspects.

      In terms of speed, the gearhead is a little slow for aluminum but not so slow that you couldn't get by in a home shop environment.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic