27900Re: Choosing a new Mill Drill

  • leonar d bristow
    Feb 1, 2011
      Hi Barry,
      I just purchased a mill from Asset machinery, close by to hare & Forbes. Slightly dearer than H&F but IMO a cut above, & service is excellent.
          With a belt drive you can always play with the pulley sizes. 1600 seems a bit slow for small size drilling or polishing, but it largely depends on how you use the machine.
          I got a SM-MD30 - geared head box column, variable speed. Only thing I dont like is the position of the head crank handle, but I'm putting a motor on that, so no prob. Very happy with my purchase. Top revs is 2600.
      Lennard

      Provided by Australis
      http://www.australis.com.au/
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic