      Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 5:28 PM
      Subject: [mill_drill] Re: Running out of things to post

      Art:

      I do the same thing with my lathe. However, I needed to bore a hole
      that was a little more than 3" deep so that my longest 1/2" carbide
      boring bar would not reach quite as far as I needed. I did make it
      work, but, it got me figuring on how I could make a boring bar as I
      described. I also have used HSS bits in a boring bar as I mentioned.
      I thought as long as I had this mill/drill I might as well try and
      make something (the boring bar) with it.

      I have used my mill/drill to bore holes and I am sure I will continue
      to do it in the future, however, I think I actually prefer using the
      lathe to bore holes. One thing about using the lathe is that I have a
      power feed, something I lack on the Z axis of my mill/drill.

      Yours,

      Phil Teague

      PS It's good to hear that others are still reading this newsgroup.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/