25459Re: link

  • leasingham_connelly
    Mar 1, 2010
      It looks like the right hand handle on the mill will hit the lathe. Is this a fixed final position?

      On the z xais scale screw thread (excuse the pun) the UKs Chester Super Lux looks like the same model and has the equaly odd scale and setscrew set-up on it. However my Rong Fu round column has no set screw or other sort of adjustment for its scale. Additionaly when the scale is checked against a DRO it is not very accurate due to eccentricity in the quill feed rack and pinion. As a result I never use it, I would follow other responders and say add a DRO to the mill. It will become apparent how much it is needed the first time you end up winding the table from one end to the other when trying to count turns of the handle. The other thing is counting backwards from one position to another can be error prone.

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <neon_ram48@...> wrote:
      > Sorry here is a link to the pictures
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mill_drill/photos/album/1320211438/pic/list
    • Show all 51 messages in this topic