Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

24294Re: New Mill Odor

Expand Messages
  • Steve
    Aug 3, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Druid Noibn <druid_noibn@...> wrote:
      >
      > Hi,
      >  
      > That is a difficult question to address.  The degree of sensitivity to the thousands of compounds found in and around the home makes the investigation a daunting task.
      >  
      > The problem started with the new delivery.  Are you or the wife sensitive to paints, oils, solvents?  Keep in mind that these may include acetone, MEK, xylem and a bunch of other stuff.    If so, leaving the unit "outside"  in the sun for a week should bake the solvents out.
      >  
      > The term musty caught my eye - if there is sensitivity to mold, fungus, etc... look at cleaning the unit with a degreaser, e.g., WD-40, paint thinner, followed by a strong disinfectant followed by drying followed by a wipe-down with WD-40.  
      >  

      Don't forget to apply a coat of oil. WD-40 is -NOT- oil. It will evaporate and everything will start rusting.

      Steve Greenfield
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic