      From: jfrxbd <superglide96@...>
      Subject: [mill_drill] New Mill Odor
      To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 8:20 AM

      I finally received my HF Mill Drill 33686 on July 21. When I unloaded the mill and stand (still in the crates) in my small drive under garage they smelled real bad. At first I thought it was the crate lumber and it probably was a large part of the problem but after getting all the crate lumber out of the house this machine still has a odor about it.
      I cleaned all the caked on protective grease off and that didn't seem to be the problem. Now as best I can tell it seems to be the black paint used inside the stand and in the table T-Sots and possibly the belt shroud itself.
      I cleaned all surfaces inside and out on this thing but I still can't seem to get rid of this musky (make my throat dry) odor.
      I can deal with it but I think it has made my wife sick (allergic).
      I know all the garbage I've heard the Chinese have putt in toys, dog food, etc.; I'm wondering what they might be using on these machines.
      Has anyone else had a problem with odor?

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic