222Re: [mill_drill] My RF30 is supposed to arrive tomorrow....

  • David Burger
    May 5, 2001
      I had the machine shipped to the truck terminal where they loaded it onto my
      half tom pick-up. At home, I used an engine lift with spreaders to lift the
      crate, drove the truck out from under and set the crate on the screened
      porch. I removed the motor from the head, the head from the column, the
      tables from the base.(Miami is warm all the time) Then, using the engine
      lift I put the base-colum assembly on the table in the shop. This required
      making a lift block and ring that fit in the base so no twisting was applied
      to the column. With help, I then lifted the head onto the column. The rest
      was easy. It took about a week of part time, after-work, effort. Part of the
      fun experience and well worth the opportunity to libricate everything.

      This stuff is heavy. don't stand under any of it and be careful about the
      strength of eye-bolts and other fixtures you fabricate. Use good strong LOAD
      RATED chain. You don't want a cheap bent eye-bolt opening as you apply lift.
      Use solid, forged accessories to do the job.