19837Re: weight of pieces following RF45 disassembly

  • Denis
    May 3, 2008
      Druid,
      I hope after you install your DRO you will post pictures of the
      installation. I am sure I will have the same problems to solve when I
      receive my G0484. I already have the DRO, a Meister Top-10.

      Denis

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Druid Noibn <druid_noibn@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi John,
      >
      > Sure, no problem. To keep in line with industry trends,
      a "small" s/h charge will be needed.... <SMILE>

      > Yes, I was lucky on that one. Mounting the scales and placing
      the display will take a little work however.

> [...]
      > > parts for the longer term.
      > >
      > > I'm figuring for basically the same $$$ as the DRO,
      > > I'll just cnc it in a few steps. I Know already
      > > that many will say you *Must* use ballscrews, but
      > > from my experience here with Delrin and Acme,
      > > absolute satisfactory results are very easily
      > > and cheaply done. Just how well it works is yet
      > > to be seen, but I swear I have some great faith that
      > > it'll be far more durable than many would expect....;)
      > >
      > > Once I get a little free time...
      > >
      > > :)
      > > John
      > >
      > > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Druid Noibn <druid_noibn@>
      wrote:

      > > > Hi John,
      > > >
      > > > I do like my "45" although I was hit with a few snags - the head
      > > leaked and I took the approach that I would only do so much to
      address
      > > a warranty item. Truth be told, Grizzly offered to repair/replace
      the
      > > whole system - BUT...after moving the tonnage (long story, posted
      > > earlier) I was inclined to only have the head repaired. They did,
      and
      > > it looks to be working fine, so far. I need to do a few more
      tests.

      > > > Is the system perfect? No. If I wanted an order of magnitude
      > > better, I would pay the far higher $$$. I am happy with the unit
      so
      > > far, but I will keep an objective eye open <smile>.
      > > >
      > > > My next projects on the mill-drill is to add the DRO and
      install a
      > > 3-ph, VFD motor.
      > > >
      > > > Take care,
      > > > DBN
      > > >

      > > > John Hansford <kz1927@> wrote:
      > > > Thanks DBN!
      > > >
      > > > Like Tim, I was undecided between the 45 and the X3
      > > > for the same reasons....size and *WEIGHT*...;)
      > > > I'd have to say...for me anyway...the Enco was
      > > > much heavier than I'd guessed. It can be a very
      > > > dangerous thing to try to move by oneself. I was
      > > > extremely careful...
      > > >
      > > > My X2 just doesn't have quite enough Y travel at
      > > > only 4 or so inches, so the 7.5" travel on the
      > > > Enco made the decision easier. IF...I had that
      > > > little extra $$$, I'd have went with the IH Version.
      > > > But I figure mills are easy enough to sell and
      > > > do hold their value pretty well, so if I want the
      > > > extra travel it has, I can always sell the Enco later.
      > > > I am highly impressed with the quality of the one
      > > > I have. Very smooth motion and rigid as all heck!!
      > > >
      > > > I have to say...once it's finally in place and you
      > > > move that big table for the first time....it's much
      > > > like your first cnc moves....you just know you've
      > > > made a goooood decision...:)
      > > >
      > > > John
      > > >
      > > > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Druid Noibn <druid_noibn@>

      > > > be disassembled to move into my place; the added feature was
      the 200
      > > > LB cast iron base.

      > > > as it was too dangerous to leave the table on here.

      Mobile.
      > > > Try it now.

      > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!
      Mobile.
      > > Try it now.

      Mobile.
      > Try it now.