19661Re: CNC, what do I need, What do I do??

  • jeff200648
    Apr 3, 2008
      Have you checked out www.cnczone.com and for drives & motors you can
      get a package from www.kelinginc.net he has great support, good
      products at reasonable prices.You will prob have to make your own
      brackets. Not to much programing going on anymore. Draw it in cad
      send it to cam program and it converts it to G-code (the language to
      run the mill) and basically your ready to go.
      For controller you cant beat mach 3 (www.artofcnc.com)<software for
      the computer to make it all work>.

      -- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <pfrederick1@...> wrote:
      > You could always join this Yahoo group:
      > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "nutz2144" <nutz2144@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Have a geared head HF Mill\drill. I am very adept at manual
      > > but would like to "Learn" and convert my mill to a CNC, well,
      > > it would be cool, a learning experience, cool, would be able to
      > > anything, cool, could use it for engraving, and did I mention it
      > > be cool.. I know nothing, let me repeat that, "NOTHING" about CNC
      > > except I need a PC, which as a PC Tech I have many, some stepper
      > > motors, what ever those are (some type of motor I'm guessing), and
      > > other stuff. Oh yeah, I need a G-code or something too along with
      > > screws??? Now I'm just sitting here thinking, "someone out there
      > > to have a kit for these mills" Just make a few mounting brackets
      > > get things to fit and throw it in and presto, CNC. I'm actually
      > > interested in learning the programming of CNC than the retrofit
      of the
      > > machine at this point, so any help would be appreciated.
      > > Thanks, Richard...

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic