18969Re: [mill_drill] Re: Machine selection for a newbie

  • Druid Noibn
    Jan 2, 2008
      Hi Jerry,
      Like you, I also wish a 3-ph motor, but it appears that most do not, hence the 1-ph motor offers.  Also note the offers for 1 to 3-ph converters.
      The plan is to replace the 1-ph motor, but I may need to make an adaptr as it is likely a metric sized item or find somone who wants to swap.
      Take care,

      Jerry Kimberlin <kimberln@...> wrote:
      mikaelc wrote:
      > I just got my new Grizzly catalog, and yep, I’d have to agree with
      > that. Power feed on the X-axis, along with power feed for the head
      > (Z-axis), geared power head, *_single-phase motor_* – had I known
      > Grizz was going to offer this, I’d have saved my money two years ago
      > instead of buying my Rockwell. The Grizz has a bigger table, more
      > powerful motor, and set up for coolant use. Ah well …

      Why would anyone actualy want a single phase motor on a lathe or milling
      machine. You can't hang a VFD on a single phase motor, thus giving away
      a lot of speed flexibility. A VFD just makes things so very much easier.
      One reason I got my G0519 was for the 3-P motor. Nobody else had one at
      the time.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional