18932Re: Machine selection for a newbie

  • ekdadlec
    Jan 1, 2008
      Hi Kevin,

      How do you like your Penn Tools RF-45? That is the one I want to get
      in the next few months. I like the fact that the 'Y' travel is 9".
      Most of the other RF-45 clones have a 7.5 - 8" 'Y' travel.
      The new Grizzly mill is a good deal if you can live with the smaller
      work envelope. I like all the power feeds on it.

      Ed

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "kben77" <kben77@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I looked at all of them a year ago when I bought mine. I was
      > considering the X3 but ended up going bigger with the RF45 from
      > www.penntoolco.com.
      >
      > However, I just got the 2008 Grizzly catalog an on page 577 they have
      > an RF45 with power z axis and power x axis (G0484). It also comes with
      > a cast iron stand for "the introductory price of $1,795." it says it
      > is new for 2008 and it must be, because it is not listed in the online
      > cat, yet. Shipping weight is 944 lbs, so it is a solid machine. Also,
      > it states S&H at $169 anywhere in the lower 48.
      >
      > If I was buying again I would buy that hands down. I am outfitting
      > mine with power feeds for x and z now and it is going to cost $500, at
      > least.
      >
      > My $0.02,
      > Kevin
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic