18043RE: [mill_drill] Rotary Tables

  • Joe Williams
    Jul 11, 2007
      I bought the 6" model from Harbor Freight recently. I've not done much with
      it, but I'm pretty happy with it. It's certainly big enough for me. I can't
      imagine needing a bigger one. The lock bolt used to keep the table from
      turning was slightly bent. No big deal. Easily straightened. The only other
      quality issue was with the graduation numbers stamped on the collar of the
      cranks were not straight. The graduation marks themselves were fine. My only
      other wish would be for the slots on the table to be the same size as the
      ones on my mill. Oh yes, and it's painted an ugly green.

      All minor issues.

      >From: "ratedspeed" <D_Schuler@...>
      >To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [mill_drill] Rotary Tables
      >Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 02:35:20 -0000
      >Hello All,
      > I'm shopping for a rotary table, either a 6" or 8" horizontal for
      >use on my RF31. I would like to know if owners of the import tables
      >are happy with them or should I hold out for a Palmgren or similar
      >domestic manufacturer. I will only be doing hobby stuff.
      > regards,
      > Don

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic