16397Re: [mill_drill] Re: Relocating Head

  • SupportOurTroops - Skip
    Dec 6, 2006
      There was an article in the Home Shop Machinist magazine a year or so
      ago about securing the lift bar to keep the head in position. The first step
      in the procedure was to square the column to the table. Many are not
      including mine. I'll see if I can find the date on it.

      Skip Campbell

      Philip Burman wrote:

      > What procedure did you use to ensure the scribed line was square with
      > the table.
      >
      > Regards
      > Phil
      >
      > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Lucky" <nmsunbuddy@...> wrote:
      > > I scratched a plumb line (square with table)on the column and
      > attached
      > > a clock hand pointer to tyhe casting pointing at the line. When
      > > releasing the locking screw, just crank up or down and swing the
      > head
      > > to the engraved line. It the pointer is sharp, accutate positioning
      > is
      > > easy and nothing need be removed/replaced from the chuck or collet.
      > If
      > > you need a photo, let me know.

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic