10291Re: stand height

  • got_milk_eh
    Jul 2, 2004
      If you are planning to build a custom stand, as suggested by other
      people, then you should consider a variable height stand. The stand I
      built can be raised and lowered for different jobs. If I'm doing
      something small and close to the table I raise the height so it easier
      to see. If its larger and the mill head is at the top of the column,
      then I lower the stand. I used a trailer jack for the up/down
      adjustment and have stops at different heights. Also try to use the
      stand for storage and put on good mounting feet that absorb vibration
      and allow for leveling adjustment.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic