What is so wrong about veganism?

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2005
      I heard that a vegan lifestyle is good for the environment. Many
      cattle ranchers cut down parts of the rainforest to make room for
      grazing cattle. Also the average cow eats 20 times more than the
      average vegan so if everyone were to be vegan, starvation and hunger
      would be greatly decreased because crop production would go to humans
      rather than livestock. It is a known fact that the poultry industry
      consumes 5 times more grains than the american population because
      there are about 25 chickens per american. Veganism may seem extreme
      but actually it's just common sense.
    • rene eicher
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 22, 2005
        There is much more grain than ppl need. Plus ppl make
        Vodka and Whiskey out of grain, isn't that wasting
        grain 2?
        Moreover Cows eat the grains straw, do you eat straw
        2?
        -
        I heard that a vegan lifestyle is good for the
        environment. Many
        cattle ranchers cut down parts of the rainforest to
        make room for
        grazing cattle. Also the average cow eats 20 times
        more than the
        average vegan so if everyone were to be vegan,
        starvation and hunger
        would be greatly decreased because crop production
        would go to humans
        rather than livestock. It is a known fact that the
        poultry industry
        consumes 5 times more grains than the american
        population because
        there are about 25 chickens per american. Veganism may
        seem extreme
        but actually it's just common sense.

        Vegan
        Vegan food