Re: Starting ABA and deployments

  • gryharhntr
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
      Allison, I am retired Navy. We had an ABA program in our home. I do
      not think the command would allow him to stay behind to attend parent
      training. If he is deploying on a surface ship or submarine and left
      him behind the command would have to figure out a way for him to catch
      up with his unit.

      If he does ask I would suggest that he asked someone in his chain-of-
      command before he submits a formal request. That would give him an
      idea of what the chances for approval are.

      Good Luck

      --- In militaryfamiliesautismsupport@yahoogroups.com, "Allison
      Creighton" <lovemysalr@...> wrote:

      > After quite a wait our name has finally come up at the U of W Autism
      Center for ABA/parent
      > training. My husband is in the Navy and just about the same time as
      we prepare to start ABA, it is getting close to time for him to deploy.
      Is there any precedence out there to allow him to