Fort Hood

  • mexicano1208
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
      Does anyone have information for Autism in the Fort Hood area? Any
      support groups? Is it a bad place for autism? How are the schools?
      Are there any BCBAs around this area? Any info will help. Thank you.

      Guillermo
    • meladoug1113
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
        Guillermo,

        Hi there sorry I could not back to you sooner... From what I found out
        is that there are services there at Ft. Hood.. we contacted them
        because we were suppose to PCS there after my husbands deployment to
        Kuwait was over... That changed when those orders were cancelled and
        he deployed 3 weeks ago... Anyhow, Contact their EFMP office they are
        super nice and very resourceful and the schools on post are pretty
        cool they have a full day inclusive pre K program.. for Speciality
        appointments as far as we could find out was that you would be sent to
        Brooks Army medical center in San Antonio.. We are going to try and
        PCS there or Ft. Sam Houston when he returns in Nov of 07.. here is
        the website www.hood.army.mil and you can also try
        https:onestop.army.mil and that would give you an insight on housing,
        the base and services also. if you need anymore help.. you can email
        me anytime!! Trust me the services are better than Tucson!!!

        Good Luck,
        Melissa

        --- In militaryfamiliesautismsupport@yahoogroups.com, "mexicano1208"
        <mexicano1208@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have information for Autism in the Fort Hood area? Any
        > support groups? Is it a bad place for autism? How are the schools?
        > Are there any BCBAs around this area? Any info will help. Thank
        you.

        > Guillermo

      • Whit and Kristin Jones
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
          I have asked the same question twice with no answers. Try yahoogroups under
          Autism in Tx. I have called some people from Austin. Heard schools are not
          supposed to be that great with our kids . Nobody was happy .Support groups
          ?,other services 0 ,BCBA over hundred of them in Austin , Thoughtful house
          (DAN doctors , the best in the country )and from the info I gathered a long
          wait list for Medicaid . We have medicaid ( in our state not income based
          )in addition to Tricare Prime . Medicaid pays for inhome services PT ,OT, SP
          and we receive 10 hours a week for Personal Care assistance and all dental
          visits are covered. And we receive respite through our local dissabilities
          board . I wish we could stay in Charleston Sc. P.s If you find out more
          info please let me know . Thanks ,Kristin

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2006
            I am currently at Fort Hood (been here a year). I can pass along any
            info I have. And tell some interesting stories as well! Feel free to
            email me.

            Tiffany

            --- In militaryfamiliesautismsupport@yahoogroups.com, "Whit and