West Limerick Militia

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2011
      My Grandfather before he joined The Munster Fusiliers in 1897 was in the Militia in West Limerick, can any one give me information on this particular outfit? West Limerick covers the area Newcastle West, Foynes, Glin, Athea, Abbeyfeale etc
    • Margaret Doyle
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2011
        All I can advise is to join the Limerick rootsweb lists.
        Maggie the Dub

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2011
          Perhaps you could say a little mire about what you are interested in finding out or whether you just want to know something about the Limerick Militia?

          In the meantime here is link to some information on the GENUKI site:

          http://homepage.eircom.net/~dinglemaps/genuki/KER/Military/#top

          Regards

          Donnacha