Re: [milgenire] Help identifying uniform please

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
      I just want to add the link to all 63 Michael Caseys in the Medal Index Cards.  Worth noting that there are quite a number in Irish Regiments.

      If you intend ordering many of these you need first to read an explanation of the way these Cards are organized on the film, there being a number of cards per sheet.  Since an order will consist of a sheet you would get several records in addition to the one you want.  The thing to do is to manage your orders when you want several so that you don't go paying for a particular item twice.  There used to be an information sheet on this on the page at one time; perhaps it's still there. However, with all the privatization and the moneygrubbing who knows if it's anything like that now.

      From: Johnny Doyle <john.doyle670@ ntlworld. com>
      To: milgenire@yahoogrou ps.com

      looking at your photo of Michael Casey on Ancestry, I'm tempted to
      say it's a Labour Corps badge with a bit of glare on the left hand
      side as we look at it.

      Not sure if this helps or hinders but these are the Casey's I came
      across that appear to have a Ballinasloe link (any chance they're related?):

      Name: Patrick Casey
      Birth Place: Ballinasloe
      Residence: Ballinasloe, Co. Galway
      Death Date: 2 Feb 1915