Re: [milgenire] Help identifying uniform please

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010

      If t is a Labour Corps badge, there is one candidate in the Medal Index:

      Medal card of  Casey, Michael
      Corps: 81st Labour Corps
      Regiment No: 384224
      Rank: Private
      1914-1920 WO 372/4

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
        I just want to add the link to all 63 Michael Caseys in the Medal Index Cards.  Worth noting that there are quite a number in Irish Regiments.

        If you intend ordering many of these you need first to read an explanation of the way these Cards are organized on the film, there being a number of cards per sheet.  Since an order will consist of a sheet you would get several records in addition to the one you want.  The thing to do is to manage your orders when you want several so that you don't go paying for a particular item twice.  There used to be an information sheet on this on the page at one time; perhaps it's still there. However, with all the privatization and the moneygrubbing who knows if it's anything like that now.