milgenire Group on Facebook

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2010
      I'd like to take the opportunity to mention an option which allows images and even videos to be posted online in relation to the group. Some time ago I set up a group for milgenire on Facebook. At the time my intention was to increase awareness of the group and also to experiment with the way in which a Facebook group might supplement a traditional group. (I have a bit of a suspicion also that in the long run Facebook and the other web 2, web 3, web n will eventually replace these text based groups. Think of the possibilities of having not only images but video on the group pages, e.g., trips to battlefields, cemetaries, museums).

      I don't know how the Facebook group will work in parallel to this one. As I say, it's more an experiment than something settled.

      So, for those interested who have a Facebook account or who plan to have or are willing to try one, the group page is here:

      http://www.facebook .com/group. php?gid=87933638 164&ref=ts

      There is no requirement to do so of course and those who wish to do so may continue with just this Yahoo group.