Feile Belfast.

  • brian magaoidh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2009
      Hi,
      for those who may be interested, the annual Feile is on again from Friday July 31 to Sun Aug 9. I have included a link to the festival programme.
      Of interest to family research are the cemetery tours.
      The Belfast City Cemetery tour  is hosted by former Belfast Lord Mayor Tom Hartley. "The 130 year old cemetery tells the story of finance,empire,the rise of northern unionism and the golden era of industrialisation in Belfast through the graves of its citizenry."
      The tour of Milltown Cemetery is hosted by Pod Devenney and shows how Milltown reflects the history of nationalist and republican Belfast going back 130 years.
      Further details can be found on the feile website.
      Other tours include St Peter's Cathedral,Albert Street; Ballymurphy Massacre Walk;Irish HistoricalTours ( Belfast,Antrim, Down and Drogheda) and of course the Black Taxi tours.

      There are also photographic exhibitions,political lectures and debates, international events, ceol agus craic.
      Brian Magaoidh