Re: The "Irish Brigade"

  • e.oruairc
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 16, 2011
      Dia daoibh arís eile!

      Last February I asked your help in understanding what my grandfather had meant when he said that he had joined the "Irish Brigade" in WWI.

      When in Belfast last month I visited the Ulster Museum and saw there a poster in which "Wee" Joe Devlin urged men to join the "Irish Brigade". It is obvious that that is what my grandfather was referring to.

      I have posted a photo of the poster in the "Photos" section.

      Thanks again for all your help!

      Beannachtaí,

      Éamann
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 30, 2011
        You may be interested to learn that there is a Facebook group for all interested in the Irish Brigade. It can be found here:

        http://www.facebook.com/groups/129669510472088/