Re: [milgenire] Re: High Mount County Cork

  • Annette Code
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 9, 2011
      The Representative Library is about a 20 minute ride on the bus from the National Library in Dublin. If you want a map, address let me know. The email address is

      She will need to set aside a minimum of one full day, if not a few more. If they have the parish tell her to skip the National Library microfilmed records and get the real parish register in her hands!

      Annette
    • Annette Code
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 9, 2011
        These are from the Tithe Applotment Books, 1823-1837:

        Simon Hobart, Monevawnshear, Donaghmore, Cork

        Mr. Jos. Hobart, Castleturvin, Athenry Galway

        Mr. Hobart, Ballingtemple, St. Finbar's, Cork

        James Hobart, Upper Lockstown, Hollywood, Wicklow

        Michl. Hobart, Ballymackibbit, Ardagh, Cork

        Frederick Hobart, Ballintemple, St. Finbar's Cork

        W.L. Hobart, Esquire, Parsonstown/Birr, Kings/Offaly

        St. Finbar's has a cemetary with I believe some inscriptions if I remember rightly.
        You can try this at www.censusfinder.com United Kingdom+Ireland+Cork
        and

        Annette

      • dianamuir@plci.us
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 11, 2011
          Thanks Annette!

          What good is magic if you can't save a unicorn?

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 11, 2011
            A new bit of information this morning from the Genealogical Society of Ireland.

            The Medal Society of Ireland has information of interest (publications) for ancestors or relatives that served in the Irish or other armed forces or in the merchant marine.

            Annette