Re: [milgenire] Re: High Mount County Cork

  • dianamuir@plci.us
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 9, 2011
      Thanks Annette!

      I have a fourth cousin who lives in the same town that is traveling to Ireland.  I'm hoping to give him some good ideas on where to start.

      Thanks!
      Diana

      What good is magic if you can't save a unicorn?
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 9, 2011
        The Representative Library is about a 20 minute ride on the bus from the National Library in Dublin. If you want a map, address let me know. The email address is

        She will need to set aside a minimum of one full day, if not a few more. If they have the parish tell her to skip the National Library microfilmed records and get the real parish register in her hands!

        Annette
      • Annette Code
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 9, 2011
          These are from the Tithe Applotment Books, 1823-1837:

          Simon Hobart, Monevawnshear, Donaghmore, Cork

          Mr. Jos. Hobart, Castleturvin, Athenry Galway

          Mr. Hobart, Ballingtemple, St. Finbar's, Cork

          James Hobart, Upper Lockstown, Hollywood, Wicklow

          Michl. Hobart, Ballymackibbit, Ardagh, Cork

          Frederick Hobart, Ballintemple, St. Finbar's Cork

          W.L. Hobart, Esquire, Parsonstown/Birr, Kings/Offaly

          St. Finbar's has a cemetary with I believe some inscriptions if I remember rightly.
          You can try this at www.censusfinder.com United Kingdom+Ireland+Cork
          and

          Annette

        • dianamuir@plci.us
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 11, 2011
            Thanks Annette!

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 11, 2011
              A new bit of information this morning from the Genealogical Society of Ireland.

              The Medal Society of Ireland has information of interest (publications) for ancestors or relatives that served in the Irish or other armed forces or in the merchant marine.

              Annette