Re: [milgenire] Re: High Mount County Cork

  • Annette Code
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 8 10:41 PM
      Guessing that these folks would by Church of Ireland. You can contact them to see if they have the right parishes then get someone going to Dublin to go to the Representative Library for research. Then you can connect up familes, its really the only way to see the actual parish records as you can buy single records till the cows come home.

      The Foundation website www.rootsireland.ie only includes part of Cork - the North East side and they do not have a record of Grizelda in N.E. Cork or in any of their Irish Records
      however, there are six counties that don't belong.

      Annette Code
    • dianamuir@plci.us
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 9 5:47 AM
        Thanks Annette!

        I have a fourth cousin who lives in the same town that is traveling to Ireland.  I'm hoping to give him some good ideas on where to start.

        Thanks!
        Diana

        What good is magic if you can't save a unicorn?
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 9 11:03 AM
          The Representative Library is about a 20 minute ride on the bus from the National Library in Dublin. If you want a map, address let me know. The email address is

          She will need to set aside a minimum of one full day, if not a few more. If they have the parish tell her to skip the National Library microfilmed records and get the real parish register in her hands!

          Annette
        • Annette Code
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 9 11:11 AM
            These are from the Tithe Applotment Books, 1823-1837:

            Simon Hobart, Monevawnshear, Donaghmore, Cork

            Mr. Jos. Hobart, Castleturvin, Athenry Galway

            Mr. Hobart, Ballingtemple, St. Finbar's, Cork

            James Hobart, Upper Lockstown, Hollywood, Wicklow

            Michl. Hobart, Ballymackibbit, Ardagh, Cork

            Frederick Hobart, Ballintemple, St. Finbar's Cork

            W.L. Hobart, Esquire, Parsonstown/Birr, Kings/Offaly

            St. Finbar's has a cemetary with I believe some inscriptions if I remember rightly.
            You can try this at www.censusfinder.com United Kingdom+Ireland+Cork
            and

            Annette

          • dianamuir@plci.us
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 11 6:27 AM
              Thanks Annette!

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 11 10:51 AM
                A new bit of information this morning from the Genealogical Society of Ireland.

                The Medal Society of Ireland has information of interest (publications) for ancestors or relatives that served in the Irish or other armed forces or in the merchant marine.

                Annette