German Irish Brigade 1915-1921

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2011
      The following holdings at the NA Kew will be known to professional researchers. I thought I would mention them here for interest and to distinguish the German Irish Brigade from that of the British Army.

      MEPO 2/10662 Attempts by Casement and others to form an Irish Brigade from Irish prisoners of war in Germany to fight for the independence of Ireland 1915-1919

      WO 141/9 Formation of "Irish Brigade" among prisoners of war in Germany 1915-1921

      WO 141/36 Trial of members of German Irish Brigade 1919

      WO 141/67 German Irish Brigade 1918