91Re: Capt Patrick Masterman of 87th and Co. Roscommon

  • Maggie D
    Feb 11, 2011
      Seems to me that Kough is a spelling error. Look at Keogh or Gough.
      I've never heard of the name Ensign so that may be misspelt also. Can you give us any more info? ie, religion, where they lived, age etc.
      Maggie the Dub

      --- In milgenire@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <mr_tje@...> wrote:
      > Trying to pin down this gent, who took the first British captured frence eagle at Barrosa, then a sgt, but eventually was promoted to Captain in the Irish 87th.
      > Also want to know anything about Ensign Kough (List as this spelling).
      > Thanks for looking.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic