      From: Annette Code <codeannette@...>
      Subject: Re: [milgenire] Re: Royal Artillery
      To: milgenire@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 7:38 PM

      In the Military Attestations Index Royal Garrison Artiller 1872-1915

      just two Michael O'Connor on the website www.irishorigins.

      Limerick WO96/1401 and Cork St. Finbar's WO96/1322
      each full record on this particular membership will cost 10 British Pounds!!

      There are 94 Connor's, Only 1 in Galway a Francis Connors
      I checked www.findmypast.co.uk and the way the military records are set out it would be next to impossible to get the right record again without paying a fortune.  There are 376 records - perhaps - for Michael O'Connor. What they do is send you to a page
      that is by alphabet, but you don't necessarily find anyone on that page.

       I have points that I've already paid for and  tried one just to see but can see having used the program before that it would be useless to go further:

      Boar War 1899-1902
      Connor, Captn.The Royal Irish Fusiillers (Princess Victoria) AL20 reference no and no further information.

      There is just one with a full name of Michael John, 4 have the initial M. and 1 a M.O.
      the balance have no first initial or name!!

      There were many 1914 records but you note he is deceased by 1900.

      Sorry Wished I could of done more. Annette

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic