3RE: [milgenire] James LYNCH,

  • John Doyle
    Aug 12, 2008

      If James and his brother were together in a battle/skirmish at the time of the brothers death, the chances are that they were in the same section or platoon – the chances of finding a brother, friend or neighbour etc from a different unit in the heat of battle and then providing some degree of protection would be pretty slim.

      The starting point should therefore be the name of the brother to check the CWGC database and then Ancestry/National Archives for further information (if it’s available). You may then find out where the brother is commemorated via

      http://www.irishwarmemorials.ie/

      Do you have the name of the brother?

      Are you able to scan in the photo to see if there are any distinguishing items/badges?

      John