197Re: [milgenire] Chelsea / Kilmainham pensioner

    Feb 14, 2013
      A Chara,
      Here is where you would start should you go to Kew and it certainly isn't encouraging:

      http://nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/DisplayCatalogueDetails.asp?CATID=13181&CATLN=3&FullDetails=True

      Note particularly the following:

      "The Friends of The National Archives will continue to describe this material from piece WO 121/137 onwards and the resulting data will be uploaded into the system over the next few years."

      Here is the description in the New Catalogue, which doesn't really go farther:

      http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/details?Uri=C177336

      It does use the term "nominal roll' so it looks like film of a large collection of sheets for the year 1887 and it seems that each entry has the form of the one FMP sent you. What the "Friends" activity may add later is a mystery for now.

      At best before start going off to Kew I would use their online help system which I think can get you to human at some level.

      Slainte

      Donnacha

      Hope this is of some help