176Re: [milgenire] 2nd. Connaught Rangers

  • John Doyle
    Sep 17, 2011
      not the scene of a battle but a picture that caught my eye on a newish website re Army children. The gravestone of Margaret Elizabeth Hamilton who died aged 4months in 1894 and is buried in the same grave as her father, Sgt Charles Hamilton, 2nd Connaught Rangers :

      At 18:51 16/09/2011, Annette wrote:

      I thought I would pass this on.
      I don't know if any visitor to Milgenire would be interested in WWI 2nd. Connaught Rangers, Battle Ypres. I've been watching Who Do You Think You Are - UK on You Tube and a Chris Moyle was searching for information about his grandfather James Moyles of Ballina, Ireland.
      There was some use of film and Regimental War Diary's and a Historian Peter Barton who took Chris Moyle (UK DJ) to the scene of the battles
      of the 2nd. Connaught Rangers.
      It was very interesting.
      Annette Code

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic