143Re: Drum horses

  • Danny Hall
    Mar 8, 2011
      My Grandfather Sgt John Hall b1879 was Bandmaster with the 65th Regiment of Foot (Yorks and Lancs Regiment).His records show him attending Kneller Hall -The Royal Military School of Music.
      Contact with them may answer some of your questions

      www.army.mod.uk/music/music-school/default.aspx

      For more initial information on his service with the 3rd Prince of Wales Dragoon Guards I would suggest that you start with the Royal dragoon Guards Museum and Regimental Association

      www.rdgmuseum.org.uk/

      Regards
      Danny
      --- In milgenire@yahoogroups.com, "john751563" <john.jeffs2@...> wrote:

      > Hello - my grandfather Thomas Carthy (born 1879) was a private in the 6th. Inniskilling Dragoons 1894-1905 before transfer to the 3rd. Prince of Wales Dragoon Guards (1905-1912). I know he was a bandsman from his service record and later in his life my uncle remembers seeing framed photos on the wall of him riding a drum horse with kettle drums on either side. Is it feasible that a private could have carried out this role? Any information about drum horses and about my grandfather's army service (including Dublin Barracks (c. 4/1905), Ballincollig (6/1905), Curragh Camp c.1906 - 1908)) that may be available would be much appreciated. Thanks.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic