Fwd: [wafairtax] World's Banker Says U.S. Needs Consumption Tax

  • travllr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      --- In wafairtax@yahoogroups.com, bill spillane <billspillane@...>
      wrote:

      The "B.I.S." is short for the "Bank of International Settlements"
      (Basel, Switzerland) and is the bank to the Central Bankers of the
      world.

      Extract:
      "In the US, tax subsidies which stimulate activity in the housing
      market should be reduced and some form of consumption tax could be
      introduced to increase savings."

      http://www.forextelevision.com/FT/AFX/ShowStory.jsp?seq=124013

      --- End forwarded message ---