FairTax Rally a Super Success

  • Roger Buchholtz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      MI FairTaxers,

      The FairTax has extremely potent political ramifications.  Widespread support for the FairTax was well evident at the rally below.  Also, the FairTax Book recently re released in paperback (for ~$8) opened as #3 on the New York Times best seller list.  You may recall that the hard cover version opened last August as #1 on the New York Times best seller list.  Any politician that fails to recognize the popularity of this leading tax reform proposal does so at his own peril.

      Roger Buchholtz
      MI FairTax Director (volunteer)
      P.O. Box 141 / 5620 Clato St.
      Kalamazoo, MI  49004
      phone/fax:  (269) 345-0950, cell:  (586) 530-3298

      FairTax Rally a super success

                  Hello FairTax supporters,

      On May 27th, one of the largest papers in the country, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution,” stated,John Linder (R-Ga.) may have birthed a political movement when their Fair Tax Rally, emceed by guys in suits, drew a rock-concert attendance. ...”

      Click here to participate in this historic movement by contacting the president:  http://www.fairtax.org/actionalert.html.

      Thousands of your fellow FairTaxers have faxed, e-mailed or called the White House to ask President Bush to support enactment of the FairTax. Please join them today, if you have not, and help us raise a national voice of true citizenship in getting our government back on track. Only our combined effort will turn Washington around and replace the income tax with a common sense tax system. Now is the moment for this message to the White House:

      http://www.fairtax.org/actionalert.html.

      The FairTax Rally at the Gwinnett Convention Center in Georgia just wasn’t big enough for the supporters of the FairTax. 4,5 0 0 people filled the seats and the walls within the convention center Wednesday night to show their support for the FairTax! The packed house caused thousands of supporters to be turned away. Fire marshals had to step in, as they had to stop admittance due to fire code capacity. Congressman John Linder addressed the audience and joked about the lack of room for all the supporters, "We're sorry,” Linder said. "Next tim e, we'll get you a bigger building.”

      Herman Cain and our own FairTax Communications Director, Ken Hoagland, had people coming out of their seats as they talked about how to fulfill the Founding Fathers’ promise that this can be a government “of, by, and for the people.” The passion in the room was electric. The crowd also heard from popular TV and radio personalities such as Sean Hannity, Clark Howard, John Stossel, and Neal Boortz. Boortz went on radio station News/Talk 75 0 WSB an hour before the show was set to start to tell supporters who were on their way that there was no more room. WSB broadcasted the rally live as thousands of supporters who couldn’t get in listened just outside the convention center.

      Linder informed the crowd that the Speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert (R-IL), has set up a meeting with President Bush for Linder to have an opportunity to pitch the FairTax legislation. Linder acknowledged the large scope of this project. "Big ideas take tim e,” he said. "But we've started to move the country, and they will start to move the Congress.” The FairTax grassroots team from the national headquarters office in Houston and the twenty plus volunteers from as far away as the state of Utah worked diligently to keep up with the thousands wanting FairTax T-shirts, DVDs, and all types of FairTax materials. WSB had books going like hotcakes! T-shirts and DVDs were gone within 2 0 minutes of the doors being opened. The event was truly a grassroots extravaganza. We collected nearly 2 0 0 0 petitions and nearly 5 percent of those were from out of state. This would not have been possible without your support!

      Thank you for all that you do!

      Leo Linbeck
      Chairman/CEO
      Americans For Fair Taxation