RE: [mifairtax] Two more cosponsors

  • FairTax MI 10th
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2005

      No, neither one is on the W&M committee.

      Members of the 109th Congress

      Ron Babin

      AFFT Volunteer Deputy State Director MI

      Sterling Heights, MI

      ron.babin@...

      www.fairtaxmi.org

      www.fairtax.org

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2005

        Poe is on Small Business Committee.

        Ken Van Dellen

        ADD Michigan 13th & 14th

        kenabcxyz123@...

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005

          Then according to Ed Sackley, aide to Fred Upton, the co sponsors are useless.

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005
            All and every cosponsor is very important.  To follow to its logical conclusion the idea that only Ways and Means Committee members are important, would mean if all House members were cosponsors except the Committee members, that no action would/could be taken.  Our goal is to obtain 100 U.S. Congressmen as cosponsors.  This number is generally sufficient to assure that a bill will be reported out of committee, so that it can be voted upon on the floor of the House.

            Roger
            MI FairTax director (volunteer)
            Orient American Ore Co., LLC
            P.O. Box 141 / 5620 Clato St.
            Kalamazoo, MI  49004
            phone/fax:  (269) 345-0950, eFax: (413) 294-3359
            cell:  (586) 530-3298

          • michelaard@juno.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005
              I would be very curious to know why someone thinks co-sponsors are useless.  Presumably they are agreeing in advance to vote for it if it gets to the floor.  51 votes will get it through the Senate.  I've forgotten the number of votes in the House.

              Ken Goldsby
            • Jambon1064@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005
                Ken wrote . . .

                "I would be very curious to know why someone thinks co-sponsors are useless.  Presumably they are agreeing in advance to vote for it if it gets to the floor.  51 votes will get it through the Senate.  I've forgotten the number of votes in the House.
                Ken Goldsby"

                Actually I don't think a co-sponsor of a bill is agreeing to anything other than to make sure his name gets on the bill.  A professional politician may want to be on record as supporting a bill he actually detests in order to please a certain segment of his constituents, while at the same time he may be quietly working behind the scenes to insure the bill is defeated.

                Are we having fun yet?

                Jim Van Hare
              • michelaard@juno.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 3, 2005
                  Dear Troops:
                          If Jim Van Hare's analysis is correct, then politicians take us all for fools.  Do they think we would never check their voting records?
                          Like government itself, politics is not 'fun.'  It's a necessary evil.

                  Ken Goldsby
                • Ken Howe
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 3, 2005
                    I am strongly of the opinion that many politicians know that not enouh of us are willing to look. Much less willing to act, even fewer willing to spend money time or blood, in that order.

                    The working definition of insanity from the politicians viewpooint is not doing what the majority do which makes it easier for them to dissuade people from attacking them. They can say " Oh! Thats crazy" over their mistakes or crimes and so it seems.

                    And the general public laps it up, "Yup!  its true"

                    Ken Howe

                    michelaard@... wrote:
                    Dear Troops:
                            If Jim Van Hare's analysis is correct, then politicians take us all for fools.  Do they think we would never check their voting records?
                            Like government itself, politics is not 'fun.'  It's a necessary evil.

                    Ken Goldsby
                  • Donald S. Dobrosky "DOBY"
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 4, 2005
                          The Fair Tax will be the feature topic on a radio show sponsored by The Joe Ann Steele Insurance Agency here in Adrian.  I will be on as the featured guest, and it will be fifteen minutes long.  It will air on WLEN 103.9 Radio Adrian on Dec. 10th at 7:40 in the morning.   I will be recording it on the 18th of Nov. with Joe Ann and she is very excited about the whole idea.  She also told me there is a possiblity of a second program on WABJ here in the area which would be a half an hour long.  If there is any info which you can forward facts and or format ideas I would appreciate it.   As I have told you before on this issue I am willing to march up Buncker Hill, the insanity of the income tax must end!   DOBY!