Letter in Sunday 12/07/08 Bay City Times Forum

  • Albert Trischler
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7 4:21 PM
      This leter was in Sunday 12/07/08 Bay City TImes Forum, I would like to thank Mr. Ott in Pinconning for this unsolicited letter:

      Fair Tax
      Voice: John Ott, Pinconning
      Fair Tax Proposal:
      As a former economics teacher, I would present the Fair Tax proposal to my students each semester and ask them to find a reason not to vote for it. The students would receive extra credit if they would take it to their parents and bring back their parents' reasons for not voting for it. It was a rare thing, indeed, when students or parents could find a reason for not supporting it.
      The Fair Tax would eliminate the IRS, and all payroll taxes. The result of this would be that we would receive 100 percent of our paychecks, minus only state income taxes.
      Wouldn't you like to have 96 percent of what you earn each payday?
      From the Web site at www.FairTax.org comes the following description:
      "The Fair Tax plan is a comprehensive proposal that replaces all federal income and payroll-based taxes with an integrated approach including:
      • A progressive national retail sales tax.
      • A prebate to ensure no American pays federal taxes on spending up to the poverty level.
      • Dollar-for-dollar federal revenue neutrality.
      • Repeal of the 16th Amendment through companion legislation."
      The Web site provides information on the effect this proposal would have on farmers, retired people, small businesses, corporations and virtually all of our citizens.
      Before you dismiss this concept, please visit the Web site to see how you might benefit from it.
      Is anyone out there for abolishing the Internal Revenue Service?

      Thank You,
      Al Trischler Jr.
      Director District 05
      Volunteer