Re: lemongrass oil

  • D
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2012
      I used some lemongrass on honey comb candle wax and then tried anise oil without any luck. But I didn't have a hive facing south or in direct sun, plus it needs to be high off the ground. I haven't tried it but the best advise I got was to use old black comb, so the bees think that it was abandonded, with new comb they want to rob and leave, good luck

      --- In midyorkbeekeepers@yahoogroups.com, Raymond Lowe <Hiwire@...> wrote:

      > I have one of my hives set up and I have the lemongrass oil. Where do you reccommend applying it and how much. If I remember, it is applied to a qtip or paper but where do you usually leave that? On top of the frames? On the inside cover?Ray

    • Raymond Lowe
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2012
        I came home from work, got out of the truck, and found 1 bee buzzing around the hive, maybe attracted to the scent of the oil, then gone.  An hr later I found 1 bee again spending a little more time looking for an opening, then gone again.  Makes me wonder if i MIGHT be on the right track.
        Ray

        To: midyorkbeekeepers@yahoogroups.com
        From: n_and_d@...
        Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 19:43:51 -0700
        Subject: Re: [midyorkbeekeepers] lemongrass oil

        I put a couple of drops on the frames themselves (maybe 4 drops per trap) and a 2 more on the "doorway".  Good Luck.

        Nathan