Midwest kustoms

  • Eula Cornish
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2009

      From: Warwick Armstrong

      Hi Harold and Eula and the rest of the Midwest Kustoms crew,
      It was good to talk to you the other day.  Planning on coming to the February Meeting.  As far membership without a kustom car, I think it is fine, as long as they're enthusiasts.  We were all in that position at one time.  If we want to encourage membership that's a way to bring new blood in.  I know I've been a bit slack at turning up at car shows but I'm looking forward to some this year, as I've completed building my porch.
      I submitted the photo of the GREEN '51 Chevy pickup I got back on the road this past summer.  Jeannie and I used it to haul our kayaks around joining two great past-times.
      Has anyone out there got a pair of stout, manual scissor window cranks capable of hoisting

      the heavy 37"x 12"X 3/16 windows in my Beast ( '47 Ford Kustom).  I'm going to rework the channels, and have ordered a floating channel from Balls Rod & Kustom to see if I can make the Bosch electric power windows work.  Stabilizing the window on the crank tree has been a problem, hence binding.  I'll give it one more shot before going after the manual option.  I turned my rear quarter windows into power windows with the same equipment and they work well.  So if anyone has some ideas or a pair of stout scissor hand window cranks, I'd be interested in talking to you at the February meeting.
      Kiwi Dave.

    • James Garnsey
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2009
        Tried to return your call but line very Busy , try my cell 720-0547 Wednesday

        James H. Garnsey