Preparing for Memorial Day

  • Eula Cornish
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2013

    A great reminder that this is not just a 3-day weekend, but one with special meaning.

    To all the men and women who have (and still are) served and their families. . .THANK YOU!

    MEMORIAL DAY

    Keep it moving, please, even if you've seen it before.

    It is the

    VETERAN,

    not the preacher,
    who has given us freedom of religion.

    It is
    the
     VETERAN,
    not the reporter,

    who has given us freedom of the press. It is  the VETERAN,
    not the poet,  who has given us freedom of speech.

    It is
    the
     VETERAN,
    not the campus organizer,
    who has given us freedom to assemble.

    It is
    the
     VETERAN,  not the lawyer,
    who has given us the right to a fair trial.

    It is
    the
     VETERAN,
    not the politician,
    Who has given us the right to vote.

    It is the

    VETERAN who
    salutes the Flag,

    It is  the VETERAN who serves  under the Flag,

    ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD, AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON
    THEM.

    I'll be
    EXTREMELY proud if this email reached as many as possible. We can be very
    proud of our young men and women in the service no matter where they serve.

    God,
    Bless them all!!!

    Makes You Proud To Be An American!

    You never know what God has in store, and you can make all the plans you want, but at the end of the day, whatever is going to happen is going to happen..