montero

  • suzukivet
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
      what was that. i had flashbacks of crab orchard. anychance the
      future races could take into consideration "bottlenecks". first lap,
      first hill, 20 + bikes stuck on it.
    • roger_m_little
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
        Man that place was horrible. What was the ground made of? Glass with
        a layer of grease on top? When AA riders are having problems with
        some of the hills something is wrong. It's not that the hills were
        that bad, the 90 degree turns with no run is what made them so
        difficult. Also, the course was very poorly marked. I was 2nd in my
        class until about mile 3 where there was a downhill and the trail went
        left next to a pond. Another trail went straight ahead into a dead
        end in a really rocky area. There was no markers and no ribbon
        whatsoever in the line of vision. About 1/2 of our class got stuck
        down there. There was 2 other places just like that, you had to hunt
        for the arrows. I rode 1 lap and had enough, went to the truck.

        Roger Little