Unknown Relations

  • lkayshaw
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 1, 2006
      Do you have any intention of writing anymore of Unknown Relations?
      Several of my friends and I are addicted to your work. We have found
      ourselves having debates and conversations about the Midnight Series
      as well as the wonderfully written chapter of Unknown Relations.

      ~ Your Devoted Fans in Atlanta HP
      (www.atlantahp.com)

      PS My vote on book seven. Don't wait. I can't wait to read the next
      adventure of your Harry.
    • Kara Sommer
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 1, 2006

        Chapter 1 of Unknown Relations isn’t done yet. I’ve slowly been adding to it when I have writer’s block for the Midnight Series. I actually have an overall in-depth summary written for the first four books but it’s writing out the chapters that is the hard part. I am also trying to put together an outline for Rise of a Protector too and I’ve never been one to write multiple stories at one time. I have always hated it when updates are months apart. It makes the reader forget what they’ve read. If I write Rise of a Protector now, Unknown Relations will probably be put on the back burner until it is finished. I will most likely be continuing to add to it but it won’t be posted for a while.

        The posting on the yahoo group was just to see if anyone would be interested in me writing such a story.

        Kara

        Do you have any intention of writing anymore of Unknown Relations?
        Several of my friends and I are addicted to your work. We have found
        ourselves having debates and conversations about the Midnight Series
        as well as the wonderfully written chapter of Unknown Relations.

        ~ Your Devoted Fans in Atlanta HP
        (www.atlantahp.com)

        PS My vote on book seven. Don't wait.  I can't wait to read the next
        adventure of your Harry.

      • sleepingbriarrose12
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 17, 2006
          I've been reading your stories for a while now. Although I would like
          Rise of a Protector to come out soon, I think it would be better to
          wait so that you can have a more detailed accounting of what is to
          happen next. As to your story Unknown Relations I must admit to
          checking periodically to see if you have an update. I hope that you
          continue along in that vein for a while because it looks like an
          interesting story. Please update soon!
        • sam duff
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 17, 2006
            i agree that there are some major benifits to waiting for the next book,
            but...when will that happen? it seems like a longer and longer period of
            time is being placed inbetween the book releases, and they probably want to
            milk what they have at the moment for all it's worth before releasing the
            final part. personally, i'm just impatient, and i cna't wait for the next
            part in the midnight series to come out, lol

            >From: "sleepingbriarrose12" <briarrose@...>
            >To: midnight_series1@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [midnight_series1] Unknown Relations
            >Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:19:41 -0000
            >
            >I've been reading your stories for a while now. Although I would like
            >Rise of a Protector to come out soon, I think it would be better to
            >wait so that you can have a more detailed accounting of what is to
            >happen next. As to your story Unknown Relations I must admit to
            >checking periodically to see if you have an update. I hope that you
            >continue along in that vein for a while because it looks like an
            >interesting story. Please update soon!

          • Serenity
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 20, 2006
              it might be better to wait, but i can't cause it would be soooooooo long. also, what if the
              older sibling of one of those hospital kids turned out to be a muggleborn witch/ wizard? and
              then went to hogwarts?! That would be so cool, cause then we could get updates on how the
              othesr are doing@@
            • Len87
              Message 6 of 25 , Mar 20, 2006
                I Would prefer if you would update Unknown Relations first because it would be nice to see you write something different for a change... But saying that there are both advantages and disadvantages to updating either one.
                At the moment you know the characters in the midnight series really well so you know what they would do in certain situations, so if you stopped now then you may not get back into the flow of the story. On the other hand if you continue writing this story then you ideas could dry up so i would advise you get the basic destination of where you want this story to go mapped out and what major events are going to happen in it before you start writing the final part.
                I personally liked Unknown Relationships because it was different. You are a good writer Kara and you know how to keep the readers attention and keep them wanting to know what happens next if you kept going with the last book you might loss that as with this one you will have knew ideas and would be able to keep going easier. Please update Unknown Relations I want to know what happens next.

              • Kara Sommer
                Message 7 of 25 , Mar 20, 2006
                  I changed the image for the group to include Unknown Relations. I'm
                  curious to what you all think of it. The background is the Gemini
                  constellation with the Gemini sign split by a lightening bolt. I
                  thought it sort of fit.

                  Kara
                • iritilan100
                  Message 8 of 25 , Mar 21, 2006
                    I like the new image. It makes me very curious to read the new story.

                    --- In midnight_series1@yahoogroups.com, "Kara Sommer" <servicemotor@...> wrote:

                    > I changed the image for the group to include Unknown Relations. I'm
                    > curious to what you all think of it. The background is the Gemini
                    > constellation with the Gemini sign split by a lightening bolt. I
                    > thought it sort of fit.
                    >
                    > Kara

                  • danielle weaver

                      Message 10 of 25 , Apr 6, 2006
                        i hope you update Unknown Relations soon. I have read plenty of harry
                        as a twin plot and even through Unknown Relations barely have one
                        chapter i can tell it is good. you should continue to write it. i
                        think it is best if you work on Unknown Relations first instead of
                        Rise of the Protector because it is best to wait for the real 7th
                        harry potter book to come out instead of writing it out base on our
                        imagination. Otherwise it would take twice as long to write Raise of
                        the Protector than the other Midnight series. By writing Unknown
                        Relations you can think up the story easier since J.K. Rowling never
                        did a story on that plot before. And it would pass the time when the
                        last Harry Potter book come out
                      • nancy mai

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 3, 2006
                            Chapter 1 has been posted on FF.NET. Please review.

                            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2970733/1/

                            FYI, this doesn't mean I'm quitting Rise of the Protector. I'm hoping
                            to finish Chapter 4 this weekend. Wish me luck :-)
                          • Erica Allen
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 3, 2006
                              luck

                              Kara Sommer <servicemotor@...> wrote:
                              Chapter 1 has been posted on FF.NET. Please review.

                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2970733/1/

                              FYI, this doesn't mean I'm quitting Rise of the Protector. I'm hoping
                              to finish Chapter 4 this weekend. Wish me luck :-)

                              angel_angry_insane_sleepy_person
                                                      Good Night

                              Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

                            • Kara Sommer
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jun 3, 2006
                                Chapter 2 has been posted on FF.NET

                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2970733/2/

                                Kara
                              • serenity
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jun 5, 2006
                                  good lucky! may the muse be with you!
                                • secret_child2000
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Aug 8 12:31 PM
                                    <servicemotor@...> wrote:

                                    > Chapter 1 has been posted on FF.NET. Please review.
                                    >
                                    > http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2970733/1/
                                    >
                                    > FYI, this doesn't mean I'm quitting Rise of the Protector. I'm
                                    hoping
                                    > to finish Chapter 4 this weekend. Wish me luck :-)

                                    what ship is this series gonna be??
                                  • Kara Sommer
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Aug 8 12:41 PM

                                      > what ship is this series gonna be??

                                      Oh, I don't think I'll reveal that yet. A girlfriend won't happen for
                                      a while (at least book 4 possibly even later). Who knows? It may
                                      change by the time I get to the later books.
                                    • cassidy_evans33
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Feb 4, 2007
                                        YAY! Chapter Eleven of unknown relations is up!!! I was so excited to
                                        read it, and I hope you continue with the series. I'm really enjoying
                                        it, and I find it easy to believe that James would do that, given the
                                        right cercumstances. Permit me to say that James is a right foul git.
                                        I'd swear more, but everyone can see this!!!

                                        Also, I urge you to continue with Rise of the Protector. All of my
                                        friends and I are on the edge of our seats to find out what happens.

                                        ~Cassidy~

                                        (my literal other half -more like the other side of my personality-
                                        pandora, has no complaints)
                                      • kelly1071@verizon.net
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Feb 4, 2007
                                          From: cassidy_evans33 <cassidy_evans33@...>
                                          Date: 2007/02/04 Sun PM 10:02:11 CST
                                          To: midnight_series1@yahoogroups.com

                                          I agree with everything Cassidy said. I would love to see who you pair Orion with
                                          YAY! Chapter Eleven of unknown relations is up!!! I was so excited to
                                          read it, and I hope you continue with the series. I'm really enjoying
                                          it, and I find it easy to believe that James would do that, given the
                                          right cercumstances. Permit me to say that James is a right foul git.
                                          I'd swear more, but everyone can see this!!!

                                          Also, I urge you to continue with Rise of the Protector. All of my
                                          friends and I are on the edge of our seats to find out what happens.

                                          ~Cassidy~

                                          (my literal other half -more like the other side of my personality-
                                          pandora, has no complaints)
                                        • wee_punkin
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Feb 6, 2007
                                            Um, hi! Yes, I agree with Cassidy here. Seeing a new chapter of
                                            Unknown Relations is (usually) the high point of my day. :-) I am
                                            very thankful that this story -- and the Midnight Series -- has been
                                            continued. I'm impressed, actually, that three pieces can be written
                                            concomitantly, while maintaining the differences in tone, pov, and
                                            characterization. That's an impressive feat. I also liked seeing
                                            things from Sirius' point of view in this last chapter.

                                            So, um, thanks.
                                          • Roberta Farris
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jun 13, 2008

                                              I just wanted to take a few minutes to post this and let you know I have enjoyed reading the Unknown Relations series. You've only posted the first two books so far but they have been great. I am curious about a few things, though.

                                              First, I notice that you follow the books pretty closely with the things that happened to Harry in the books happening to Hayden instead. I assume that you are going to continue this as well for the rest of the books. Does this mean in the third one, which I hope will come out soon, that Hayden will have someone who escapes from Azkaban after him? If so, then who? And I also assume he will be picked for the Tri Wizard Tournament, have a crush on Cho Chang, deal with Umbridge and dementors, and all the other stuff that Harry deals with in canon. Does this also mean Hayden and Ginny will get together by the sixth book of your series or will he get together with someone else?

                                              I am curious to how Ginny will now view Orion after he helped Sirius save her in the Chamber of Secrets. We all know from canon that this was the turning point in Ginny's relationship with Harry. She started seeing him more as human than her hero from the story she heard. But since it was Orion who actually went in the Chamber I wonder how she will treat him from now on. We know from what you wrote that Ginny resented Orion and thought he was stealing the spotlight from her hero, Hayden.

                                              I am really looking forward to the third part of the series and I hope that you continue on through all seven books. I am wondering who Orion will eventually have as a girlfriend. You said you had a few ideas but that you liked to follow canon closely so I assume it won't be Ginny or even Hermione.

                                              Keep up the good work and I look forward to the third part coming out soon. I wonder how you will incorporate POA into your world and what will happen over the summer between the kids.

                                              Bertie

                                            • Kara Sommer
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jun 13, 2008

                                                Well, I don’t want to reveal too much since I haven’t really committed much to paper but the next book will start the slight branch off from the canon. There will still be an escape, there will still be a tri-Wizard Tournament and Umbridge will make an appearance but sub plots won’t follow the stories so closely. After all, Orion will have different things on his plate than Harry did in the stories. He has a lot to work through and a lot to prepare for.  I will say that there is a reason for everything.  Some of the connections won’t be revealed until book 6 but the theme is consistent to the overall theme of the series.  One rarely considers the long time consequences of rash decisions.

                                                Kara

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Jun 18, 2008
                                                  Any chance of a hint as to when the relation will be revealed? As in book 4...etc?
                                                  Also any chance of a rough timeline of the start of the next book? A week... a month...?

                                                  :D

                                                  --- In midnight_series1@yahoogroups.com, "Kara Sommer" <ksomm814@...> wrote:

                                                  > Well, I don't want to reveal too much since I haven't really committed much
                                                  > to paper but the next book will start the slight branch off from the canon.
                                                  > There will still be an escape, there will still be a tri-Wizard Tournament
                                                  > and Umbridge will make an appearance but sub plots won't follow the stories
                                                  > so closely. After all, Orion will have different things on his plate than
                                                  > Harry did in the stories. He has a lot to work through and a lot to prepare
                                                  > for. I will say that there is a reason for everything. Some of the
                                                  > connections won't be revealed until book 6 but the theme is consistent to
                                                  > the overall theme of the series. One rarely considers the long time
                                                  > consequences of rash decisions.
                                                  >

                                                  > Kara

                                                • Kara Sommer
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Jun 18, 2008

                                                    Well, here’s the thing. The ‘revelation’ has at least three different levels. 1) Orion finds out the truth 2) Orion’s friends find out the truth 3) The wizarding world finds out the truth. The different levels will be spread over most of the remaining books. I’m trying to have reasons for the ‘revelations’, not just ‘oh hey, just so you know your birth parents are the Potters.’

                                                    Also, I am currently working on Chapter 1. With every book I write, the bar is set that much higher so I’m trying to keep the momentum going. My stories are better when they write themselves rather than when I force words on paper. I’m hoping to gain some ground but real life is constantly a force to be reckoned with. I’m going to the gym four times a week to lose weight, I have a computer class this summer, a full-time job and the craziness with my large family. I’m not making excuses. I’m just letting everyone know that I’m writing when I have the chance.

                                                    I’ll let everyone know when there’s an update.

                                                    Kara

                                                    Any chance of a hint as to when the relation will be revealed? As in book 4...etc?
                                                    Also any chance of a rough timeline of the start of the next book? A week... a month...?

                                                    :D

                                                    --- In midnight_series1@yahoogroups.com, "Kara Sommer" <ksomm814@...> wrote:

                                                    > Well, I don't want to reveal too much since I haven't really committed
                                                    much
                                                    > to paper but the next book will start the slight branch off from the
                                                    canon.
                                                    > There will still be an escape, there will still be a tri-Wizard Tournament
                                                    > and Umbridge will make an appearance but sub plots won't follow the
                                                    stories
                                                    > so closely. After all, Orion will have different things on his plate than
                                                    > Harry did in the stories. He has a lot to work through and a lot to
                                                    prepare
                                                    > for. I will say that there is a reason for everything. Some of the
                                                    > connections won't be revealed until book 6 but the theme is consistent to
                                                    > the overall theme of the series. One rarely considers the long time
                                                    > consequences of rash decisions.
                                                    >

                                                    > Kara

                                                  • serenity
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Jun 19, 2008
                                                      I mainly care about the first stage, at this point. :P

                                                      Wait, are you trying to tell us you have a life, outside of writing?
                                                      That is soooooooooo not allowed.

                                                      lol. jk.

                                                      Definitely better when it writes itself, no pressure or anything.
                                                      Just dead curious. I'm just about done re-reading unknown relations
                                                      series, again. at the end of book 2.

                                                      cheers.

                                                      you should try gym-rock climbing. that is sooooooooooooooo much fun.
                                                      and the #1 summer thing to do, according to some magazine I just read.

                                                      I've been doing that and it is sooooooooo cool!