Special Announcement

  • Dan West
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 23 12:15 PM
      ***Special Announcement***

      Midkar is pleased to announce in its effort
      to keep the art of sequencing alive, two new sequencing groups.  We realize that interest around the world for MIDI is not what it used to be.  Most young people have no idea what MIDI is or what it does.  We have come to the conclusion that we need to get younger people involved in the art of sequencing or it will die without some new young bloods carrying it on.  On the other hand, we also need our current sequencers to work together on sharing what they know to others and in turn, learn themselves by the process.

      We also realize that we cannot do this by ourselves.  We need your help to get young people involved whenever you can.  If you know some young people who play a musical instrument, tell them about the MIDI format and all it can do.  Any help in this effort will be deeply appreciated.

      Our new group is a teaching MIDI SCHOOL called the Gate.  This school is run by Barry (Baz) and Jillianne (Jilli) who will teach you if you have a true desire to learn.  By the end of training, you will be able to sequence just about any type of music that you are interested in.  We are teaching students right now but have open spots available, so sign up now!  Or apply by email stating the reason why you want to join by clicking here:
       mailto:
      Mid-Kar-Collaboration_Sequencing_Gate-owner@yahoogroups.com?subject=SchoolEnrollment

      Our second group is where all sequencers can call home.  This group is a closed group meaning that you can only enter the group by being invited.  In this group you can talk, share and work together on whatever projects you care to create. There are no rules except that we wish that you please sign your work or collaborations. The Chat feature is also activated, please feel free to use it.
        As a member you can also invite any sequencer (does not have to be a Midkar member) to join the group.

      Finally, if you want to learn, apply to the Gate and if you want to share with others, ask for a invite.  We plan on sending out invites to all our sequencing members shorty, but if we miss you, please let us know.  To ask for a invite send a email by clicking here:
      mailto:Mid-Kar-Collaboration-owner@yahoogroups.com?subject=InvitationRequest

      Note: All of our sequencing groups do not require Midkar membership but we would be honored to have them join us!
      --
      Best regards,
      Dan West

      =================================================================|
      *****************************MIDKAR******************************
      =================================================================|
      You Can Upload And Download Files Here!

      (The website)

      http://www.midkar.com/

      (The group)

      (Midkar Music Screen Savers)

      http://mysite.verizon.net/wild_west2/savers/screensaver_index.html

      =================================================================|
      ******************Wild West's Music Studio***********************
      =================================================================|

      http://mysite.verizon.net/wild_west2/studio.htm

      =================================================================|

    • Wayne (Reed) Knazek
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 26 10:59 AM
        My mom used to dance with the Dorsey brothers, and she sang.

        There's a tune she used to sing that I'm trying to find.  No one I talk
        to, including some great, old musicians remember ever hearing the tune.

        All I can remember is a little bit of the lyrics.  If you know the lyrics, name
        of the tune, artist, etc., that'd be great!

        All I remember is . . . it started out like . . .

        Who can it be.  Hello, hello, yes this is me . . .
        The end is . . . .

        When will you be here?  What time will it be?

        Oh, you’re not coming.  Oh I see, yes I see.

        But thank you for calling.  It was such a surprise.

        Thank you for calling.  Good-bye.

        Learn to play guitar, blues harp or ANY instrument at amazing speed! "I Just Wanna Play The Darned Thing!" and "Learn To Shred" Text & audio newsletter! (Training & learning tips) Plus midi & MP3 jam tracks! . . . www.thewaynereedconnection.com
      • Gary Rogers
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 26 11:06 AM
          Hi Wayne,

          I found this song called “Thank You For Calling” on YouTube.

          Gary

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 26 12:40 PM
            Hi Wayne,

            Try this link to see if we are talking the same tune.

            "Thank You For Calling" by Billy Walker  http://www.mp3lyrics.org/b/billy-walker/thank/

            Bob

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 26 12:50 PM
              That's it!

              Funny, I heard my mom sing it many times.  Never heard the original.

              I'd looked for this tune years ago on the Net.  And I looked hard!  Not knowing
              the actual name, and the Net not being what it is today, plus maybe it not being
              there back when I looked, I couldn't find lyrics, etc.

              You just brtought back some good memories for me.  My mom passed away recently.
              Hearing the song just now . . . I remember one time in particular.  I'd asked mom to
              sing a song for me.

              This is the song she sang.

              I was 5.  :)

              Thanks so much.

              Wayne

              Learn to play guitar, blues harp or ANY instrument at amazing speed! "I Just Wanna Play The Darned Thing!" and "Learn To Shred" Text & audio newsletter! (Training & learning tips) Plus midi & MP3 jam tracks! . . . www.thewaynereedconnection.com
              I found this song called “Thank You For Calling” on YouTube.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIjopfxYZ7s

              Gary

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 26 12:51 PM
                Thanks so much!!!!!

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 26 2:12 PM
                  I think that tune is 'THANK YOU FOR CALLING' by Jo Stafford. Here is a link:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL4_jylloM0

                  BERT

                • Wayne (Reed) Knazek
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 26 2:55 PM
                    Thanks!  :)

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 27 8:30 AM
                      Looking for Bobby Blue Bland/Big Band version.

                      Learn to play guitar, blues harp or ANY instrument at amazing speed! "I Just Wanna Play The Darned Thing!" and "Learn To Shred" Text & audio newsletter! (Training & learning tips) Plus midi & MP3 jam tracks! . . . www.thewaynereedconnection.com
                    • Baz
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 27 4:38 PM
                        Wayne
                        I have sent a copy to your private email.
                        Baz

                        Looking for Bobby Blue Bland/Big Band version.

                        Learn to play guitar, blues harp or ANY instrument at amazing speed! "I Just Wanna Play The Darned Thing!" and "Learn To Shred" Text & audio newsletter! (Training & learning tips) Plus midi & MP3 jam tracks! . . . www.thewaynereedconnection.com

                        http://music-my-way.webs.com/
                        http://simplypianos.site88.net/Index.html
                      • Wayne (Reed) Knazek
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 29 5:27 AM