Why (Annie Lennox) seq Gary Sanders & Phil Smith

  • Dan West
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22 3:14 PM
      Great!!

      seq Gary Sanders & Phil Smith

      "Why" is the first solo single by the Scottish singer Annie Lennox, released in 1992. It was taken from her debut solo album Diva and reached no.5 in the United Kingdom and number thirty-four on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. The single also reached no.6 on the U.S. Adult Contemporary chart.

      Watch the video: http://youtu.be/qLuDP0przys

      Why  (Annie Lennox)

      How many times do I have to try to tell you
      That I'm sorry for the things I've done
      But when I start to try to tell you
      That's when you have to tell me
      Hey... this kind of trouble's only just begun
      I tell myself too many times
      Why don't you ever learn to keep your big mouth shut
      That's why it hurts so bad to hear the words
      That keep on falling from your mouth
      Falling from your mouth
      Falling from your mouth
      Tell me...
      Why
      Why

      I may be mad
      I may be blind
      I may be viciously unkind
      But I can still read what you're thinking
      And I've heard is said too many times
      That you'd be better off
      Besides...
      Why can't you see this boat is sinking
      (this boat is sinking this boat is sinking)
      Let's go down to the water's edge
      And we can cast away those doubts
      Some things are better left unsaid
      But they still turn me inside out
      Turning inside out turning inside out
      Tell me...
      Why
      Tell me...
      Why

      This is the book I never read
      These are the words I never said
      This is the path I'll never tread
      These are the dreams I'll dream instead
      This is the joy that's seldom spread
      These are the tears...
      The tears we shed
      This is the fear
      This is the dread
      These are the contents of my head
      And these are the years that we have spent
      And this is what they represent
      And this is how I feel
      Do you know how I feel ?
      'cause i don't think you know how I feel
      I don't think you know what I feel
      I don't think you know what I feel
      You don't know what I feel
      --