Lucille (Little Richard) seq Phil Smith

  • Dan West
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22 3:08 PM
      Fantastic!!

      seq Phil Smith

      "Lucille" is a 1957 rock and roll song which was one of Little Richard's international hits.

      Released on Specialty Records in February 1957, Little Richard's single made number 21 on the US pop chart, and number 10 on the UK chart. It was composed by Albert Collins and Little Richard.

      As a rock standard, it has been covered live and/or recorded by thousands of artists including AC/DC, StatusQuo, Wings, The Beatles, Mud, The Hollies, The Animals, Paul McCartney, VanHalen, Johnny Winter, The Flying Burrito Brothers, Peter & Gordon, Queen, Deep Purple, the Ian Gillan Band, The Everly Brothers, Waylon Jennings, Kenny Rogers, Bill Haley & His Comets, Otis Redding, TheSonics, John Entwistle of The Who, and the Detroit band The Rockets. It was also covered by StatusQuo as part of their Anniversary Waltz, Pt. 1.

      The song is ranked 670th on Dave Marsh's list of The 1001 Greatest Singles Ever Made.

      Watch the video: http://youtu.be/z3-OaNevkfg

      Lucille  (Little Richard)

      Lucille, you won't do your sisters will
      Lucille, you won't do your sisters will
      You ran out and married but I love you still

      Lucille, please come back where you belong
      Oh, Lucille, please come back where you belong
      I've been good to you, baby, please don't leave me alone

      I woke up this morning, Lucille was not in sight
      I asked my friends about her but all their lips were tight

      Lucille, please come back where you belong
      I've been good to you, baby, please don't leave me alone, no

      I woke up this mornin', Lucille was not in sight
      I asked my friends about her but all their lips were tight
      Lucille, please come back where you belong
      I've been good to you, baby, please don't leave me alone

      Lucille, baby, satisfy my heart, Lucille, baby, satisfy my heart
      I played for it baby, and gave you such a wonderful start
      --
      Best regards,
      Dan West

      =================================================================|
      *****************************MIDKAR******************************
      =================================================================|
      You Can Upload And Download Files Here!

      (The website)

      http://www.midkar.com/

      (The group)

      (Midkar Music Screen Savers)

      http://mysite.verizon.net/wild_west2/savers/screensaver_index.html

      =================================================================|
      ******************Wild West's Music Studio***********************
      =================================================================|

      http://mysite.verizon.net/wild_west2/studio.htm

      =================================================================|

    • Dan West

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 24, 2012
               Rock solid, Dan !  This really drives the Little Richard beat to a tee.  Thanks !

          Bob

[...]

          Lucille, you won't do your sisters will Lucille, you won't do your sisters will You ran out and married but I love you still Lucille, please come back where you belong Oh, Lucille, please come back where you belong I've been good to you, baby, please don't leave me alone I woke up this morning, Lucille was not in sight I asked my friends about her but all their lips were tight Lucille, please come back where you belong I've been good to you, baby, please don't leave me alone, no I woke up this mornin', Lucille was not in sight I asked my friends about her but all their lips were tight Lucille, please come back where you belong I've been good to you, baby, please don't leave me alone Lucille, baby, satisfy my heart, Lucille, baby, satisfy my heart I played for it baby, and gave you such a wonderful start
          --
          Best regards,
          Dan West