To Roads (Chris Rea) seq Johannes Karhula

  • Dan West
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22 2:43 PM
      Excellent!!

      seq Johannes Karhula

      Chris Rea is an English singer-songwriter, recognisable for his distinctive, husky voice and slide guitar playing.  The British Hit Singles & Albums stated that Rea was "one of the most popular UK singer-songwriters of the late 1980s. He was already a major European star by the time he finally cracked the UK Top 10 with his 18th chart entry; "The Road to Hell (Part 2)".  By 2009, Rea had sold more than 30 million albums worldwide.

      He is best known for his 1978 hit song "Fool (If You Think It's Over)" that charted #12 on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent three weeks at #1 on the U.S. Billboard adult contemporary chart.

      Although Rea had limited success in the United States, two of his albums, The Road to Hell and Auberge, topped the UK Albums Chart.  The book Guinness Rockopedia described him as a "gravel-voiced guitar stalwart".

      Listen to a video: http://youtu.be/Z2j-37lq2ss

      Two Roads  (Chris Rea)

      Ain't it funny how you never can tell
      It always seems to hit you when it's going so well
      A little knowledge is a dangerous thing
      Now it's lawyers-at-midnight and the learning begins
      Let's take a walk outside in the morning sun
      Here ain't working out no battles to be won
      Oh darling take a look at you and me
      We both love our freedom and we'll always be
      Two roads

      You can wait a lifetime for the hammer to fall
      Some folks get lucky they don't see it at all
      We were bound to drift away from the very first day one
      Two different journeys and neither was wrong

      Let's take a walk outside in the morning sun
      Here ain't working out no battles to be won
      Oh darling take a look at you and me
      We both love our freedom and we'll always be
      Two roads
      Two different lifetimes we just happened to meet
      Traded some good times on the corner of the street
      We were no more than strangers attracted to one
      And the same sense of freedom but we'll always be on
      Two roads

      --
      Best regards,
      Dan West