Re: [midkar] Can You Guess This Song And Artist(s) - Seq Gary Rogers

  • Bob Schur
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 22 1:57 PM
      Gary-

           On this song (and many other things in life, as my wife would gladly submit written testimony on) I am totally clueless.  It is definitely not by Duane Eddy, Phil Spitalny or the Carpenters.  Hope I didn't spoil it for anyone us.

           I guess it came from a period I was doing gigs playing hits by Duane Eddy, Phil Spitalny and the Carpenters (guitar rock, big band and easy listening) but not listening to the radio.  So, I can't wait to learn the DNA of this song... and then decide whether there is any imaginable way I can work it into my current repertoire.  I'm betting not but this old brain is still open to new musical ideas... as long as they don't involve taking my wife to an opera.  Thanks, as always, for putting a little fun in our lives.

      Bob R.

      Message 33 of 33 , May 28, 2012
             Yes, a number of us have made this error in the past, including moi.  Gary kindly has patience with us but we don't want to spoil his joy in running this funtest.  So let's be diligent in following his simple rule on how to respond.  And, not for nothing, Gary, though I immediately noticed the follow-up responses indicating the answer had been given away, my adult kids and I, at our family holiday gathering, enjoyed playing the midi and trying to guess its title & artist.  Leave it to our youngest son to ID it first.  He wasn't even born when the song was popular.  Your puzzler added to the pleasure of our time together !

        Bob R.