Hello All, may I introduce myself?

  • animallady2002
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2009
      I hope I'm in the right group looking for Lincoln County, Tennessee. I live in Cane Hill, Arkansas. I've worked on my family history off and on for 20 years. I am stuck with my great-great-grandfather, Irbin DIVEN who was born in Lincoln County in 1806. I have quite a bit of information on his wife Hannah CRAWFORD but have been unable to find anything about Irbin. They moved to Arkansas in about 1833. I am also looking for information about Hannah CRAWFORD. It is said that she was married to a John(?) WHAM and they had a child. Any help anyone can give me about these families would be greatly appreciated.

      Many people from Tennessee emigrated to Arkansas in the 1800s. I have set up a website for some of these families and I would be happy to add any families to the research list just for the asking. In the limited time it has been up and running, I have received several very old photographs including one of my great-great-grandmother. The website can be viewed at http://www.ozarkmountainmemories.com
    • Marie Beckman Grucz
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2009
        Welcome to the group! While looking over the names you have listed at your website

        http://www.ozarkmountainmemories.com/GENEALOGY.html

        I noticed several that I believe came from Bedford & Coffee Co. TN area.

        Of particular interest to me is the Morrow line.

        I know that some of the sisters for my Catherine MORROW JAKES
        moved to Izard, Franklin & Fulton Co. Arkansas area. These MORROW girls married into the GASTON family.

        I have a little info on them at
        http://seroots.com/gen/sur/morrow/

        -Marie
      • Doris William
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19, 2009
          Thanks for the welcome, Marie.  There is a little community named Morrow just a few miles from us.  If I can do any research on any of your family members just let me know their names and I'll gladly do it for you when I go to the genealogy library.  I appreciate your keeping an eye out for anything on the Diven family (Caucasian).  I know there are some African-Americans in Lincoln County.