CENSUS SEARCH

  • JENNY SMITH
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
      HI
      I WAS WONDERING IF I FOUND MY FAMILY IN MOUNTAIN CITY, AND WHITEWELL BLUFF TENNESSEE IN 1899, WHICH COUNTY AND DISTRICTS WOULD I SEARCH IN THE CENSUS? IM INTERESTED IN THE 1870, AND 1900 CENSUS. IM LOOKING FOR SAMUEL SMITH BORN 1842 IN TN, MALVINA SMITH BORN 1846 IN GA, NOAH SMITH BORN OCT 28 1880 IN MULLINS COVE TN, AND JAMES WILLIAM SMITH BORN JUNE 23 1871 IN TN.
      THE ONLY CENSUS I SEEM TO BE ABLE TO FIND SAMUEL AND MALVINA IN IS DEKALB ALA IN 1880.
      THANK YOU
      JENNY

    • janicekmc
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2006
        Hi Jenny,

        Use this website to find counties for cities ... also great for
        mapping:
        http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?
        p=120:1:17846140475154715500

        Mountain City is found in Johnson Co., TN, but there appears to be
        no listing for Whitewell Bluff. Mullins Cove (Bay) is in Marion
        Co., TN.

        Hope this helps,
        Janice

        --- In middletennesseegenresearch@yahoogroups.com, "JENNY SMITH"