Re: [MidTNGen] Davis siblings listed in Sarah Davis's obituary Bell Co. Texas 1933

  • Marie Beckman
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
      At 09:17 AM 7/31/2005, you wrote:

      >I've seen some 1930 census , and that's the path I was hoping to take try
      >to find the children of the Davis siblings cousins sorta speak and ask
      >questions that we couldn't answer. Our Davis line we were told was of
      >native descent
      >and its that ,that I mostly want to find out about to see if they have
      >heard the same stories that my grandmother told us.
      >would it be possibable to send me a census email on the names you sent or
      >at least the children listed .if not please don't wory about it
      >Thank you for all the help and the names
      >Michelle

      Michelle
      I meant to ask you if you know what part of TN your Davis family came
      from. I realize Davis
      is a fairly common name but there were some that married into my McElroy
      lines around
      Warren White & Van Buren Co. TN.

      --Marie B
    • michelle miller
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
        they came to Franklin Co. in 1850 from SC
        Michelle
        Marie Beckman <rmbeck@...> wrote:
        At 09:17 AM 7/31/2005, you wrote:

        >I've seen some 1930 census , and that's the path I was hoping to take try
        >to find the children of the Davis siblings cousins sorta speak and ask
        >questions that we couldn't answer. Our Davis line we were told was of
        >native descent
        >and its that ,that I mostly want to find out about to see if they have
        >heard the same stories that my grandmother told us.
        >would it be possibable to send me a census email on the names you sent or
        >at least the children listed .if not please don't wory about it
        >Thank you for all the help and the names
        >Michelle

        Michelle
        I meant to ask you if you know what part of TN your Davis family came
        from. I realize Davis
        is a fairly common name but there were some that married into my McElroy
        lines around
        Warren White & Van Buren Co. TN.

        --Marie B

        Visit your group's TN Research Links
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rmbeckman/USA/TN/

        ---------------------------------

        michelle davis miller

      • Michelle Miller
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 28, 2005
          THank you again I did follow this advice and found several cousins
          and went on a road trip to Bell county to visit them I'm really glad
          that I did that because they each had memories of my G.G.Grandmother
          and other cousins but i still have a ways to go before I get all my
          answers
          MICHELLE

          --- In middletennesseegenresearch@yahoogroups.com, Marie Beckman
          <rmbeck@b...> wrote:

          > There was a good bit of migration from TN to TX
          >
          > If it were me I'd try to find these people in the 1930 census.
          Then work
          > my way backwards. I was able to find what I believe are the
          following people f

          > Mrs J. R. Blanchard Cedar Creek Bell Co Texas
          > Mrs J.S. Mussett of Austin Texas
          > Mrs.J .R.Harrison Cedar Creek Bell Co Texas
          >
          > or you in the 1930
          > I'd also try searching for some of these people's children(some of
          the sons
          > names
          > are in the 1930 census) in the Soc. Sec. Death index
          > http://ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com/
          > and also try writing to families in these areas that had the same
          > surnames. I realize that Davis
          > surname would be a long shot but the others might not be so
          plentiful.
          > try searching at www.whitepages.com
          > for address & #(if you wish to go that route)
          >
          > Hope this helps
          > --Marie Beckman
          >
          > 1930 Bell Co. TX Justice Prec 6 pg 240
          > Joseph R. Blanchard head M W 77 Marr 1st at 50 MS MS AL
          > Edna Blanchard wife F W 59 Marr 1st at 32 TX TN TN
          > Reuben R. Blanchard son M W 22 S TX MS TX
          > Mittie? Jones step Dau F W 31 S TX OK TX
          > Sarah ? Davis Mother in law F W 92 Wd marr 1st at 21 TN TN TN
          >
          > 1930 Bell Co. TX Justice Prec 6 pg 240 Family 159
          > David J.? Blanchard Head M W 24 Marr 1st at 20 TX MS TX
          > Mary E? Blanchard Wife F W 21 Marr 1st at 16 TX TX TX
          > J. C. Blanchard Son M W 3 7/12 TX TX TX
          > Margie E. Blanchard Dau F W ?/12 S TX TX TX
          >
          > 1930 Travis Co. TX 1-Ward of Austin Justice Prec 5 pg. 252
          > 1705 Eva Street
          > J. S. Mussett Head M W 84 Marr 1st at 35 TX IL MO
          > Mrs. Mary Ann Mussett Wife F W 68 Marr 1st at 18 TN TN TN
          > Theodore Mussett Son M W 25 S TX TX TN
          >
          > 1910 Travis Co. TX Juctice Prec 4 pg 147 for John Mussett & Mollie
          (Mary Ann)
          > shows Children: Ruby(23), Maud(22) Alice(20) Jack(18) Alma(16)
          Giles(13)
          > William(10) Thomas(8)
          > Theodore(5) According to it they had been marr for 29 yrs with 11
          > Mollie's 11 children living.
          >
          > 1930 Bell Co. TX Justice Prec. 1 pg 233
          > John R. Harrison Head M W 77 Marr 1st at 25 TX
          > Nancy J. Harrison wife F W 65 Marr 1st at 30 LA TN TN
          >
          > 1910 Bell Co. TX census for this family shows John 61(2nd marr.)
          Nannie(47)
          > married for 14 yrs Nannie is the mother of 2 children all
          > deceased. Riley(age 28 S living with them and appears
          > to be son of John.
          >
          > At 06:13 PM 7/30/2005, you wrote:
          > >I'm trying to find the decendants of the Davis siblings born in
          the
          > >late 1850's their parents were David and Sarah Wiggins Davis the
          > >family came to Texas in the 1870 from Tennessee and settled in
          Bell co
          > >Texas I have Sarah's obituary from 1933 that names her 6 surviving
          > >children as Mrs. J.W. Morgan of Broken Bow Oklahoma, Mrs J.S.
          > >Mussett of Austin Texas, Mrs J. R. Blanchard and
          Mrs.J .R.Harrison of
          > >Cedar Creek Bell Co Texas,Mr J.H.Davis of Dallas Texas,Mr J.R.
          Davis